STARLAB is a successful, fast-growing and innovative company. Please send us your CV if you are interested in joining our team.
Field Based Service & Calibration Technician
Job Title: Field Based Service & Calibration Technician
Location: Woking/ Reading Area
Salary: Competitive, Negotiable Depending on Experience
STARLAB (UK), Ltd are part of a Europe-wide group specialising in liquid handling products, supplying laboratories throughout the UK. ISO 17025 Accredited since 2010; we are known for delivering high quality work and excellent customer service. We currently have an opportunity for a Field Based Technician to join our expanding Service Team; providing the service and calibration of pipettes to our varied customer base. We service and calibrate all makes and models of pipettes both manual and electronic in accordance with ISO policies.
Overview of the Role:
To service, repair, calibrate and perform preventative maintenance of pipettes both in-house and at customer sites; always ensuring Caltech (Service Department) operates to ISO 17025 standard within our industry.
The role will involve travelling to client locations and the need for overnight stays may be required.
To work towards targets agreed in conjunction with the Service Manager. To make positive contributions within the team. Administration support is also expected.
The ideal Candidate:
Ideally you will have experience of working in a laboratory or service environment and will have experience of the use of pipettes; however, this is not essential as full training is provided.
- To act as an Ambassador of STARLAB (UK), Ltd. at all times
- To ensure Caltech operates to the ISO 17025 standard
- To have full understanding of the laboratory’s Quality Manual
- Clean and service pipettes to the approved standard
- Maintain records of pipettes serviced
- Ensure correct health and safety practice is adhered to
- Responsible for equipment needed for on-site calibration i.e. pipette spares, paper etc.
- Ensure targets are achieved
- Regular meetings for feedback within the group
You must have:
- The ability to work with very small components
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good customer service skills
- The ability to learn and handle technical enquiries, speaking with customers and problem solving
- Be PC literate in Microsoft products including Word, Excel & Outlook with the willingness and ability to learn bespoke software
- Reliable and flexible
- A good basic level of English and Maths
- The ability to work alone as well as part of a team
- Have a full driving licence
- Competitive Salary
- Company Car
- Performance based bonus scheme
- Progressive holiday allowance
- Health Care
The above description is an outline of the duties of the job function and should not be regarded as final. STARLAB (UK), Ltd reserves the right to modify any of the above duties following consultation with the employee.
Our intention is to work closely with all employees to ensure that a process of continual development is observed, for this to work effectively we will require input from both employee and manager.
Should the above role be of interest, please send your application to email@example.com