STARLAB UK Ltd is part of a wider group with offices in Germany, Italy and France, accompanied by a network of distributors throughout the world. We specialize in the field of Liquid Handling Technology; our high-level service and products is what makes us one of the leading laboratory and pharmaceutical providers across the globe. With a proven track record of performance and reliability, we are constantly innovating and adapting what we do and how we do it to maintain our well-established reputation and presence in laboratories worldwide.
Strategically headquartered in Milton Keynes, our central location allows rapid distribution of our products to meet customer needs.
Lab/Field Service Tehcnician
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Lab/Field Service Technician to join our Service team on a permanent basis; providing the service and calibration of pipettes to our varied customer base. ISO 17025 Accredited since 2010; we are known for delivering high-quality work and excellent customer service. The successful candidate will primarily work alongside our Laboratory Technicians based at our Milton Keynes Office. You will be expected to travel to external clinics around UK when required to service and calibrate pipettes at customer site to assist with business demand.
We service and calibrate all makes and models of pipettes both manual and electronic in accordance with ISO policies.
Overview of the Role:
To service, repair, calibrate and perform preventative maintenance of pipettes both in-house and at customer sites; always ensuring Caltech (Service Department) operates to ISO 17025 standard within our industry.
The role will involve travelling to client locations throughout the UK and the need for overnight stays may be required.
To work towards targets agreed in conjunction with the Service Manager. To make positive contributions within the team. Administration support is also expected.
The ideal Candidate:
Ideally you will have experience of working in a laboratory or service environment and will have experience of the use of pipettes; however, this is not essential as full training is provided.
- To act as an Ambassador of STARLAB (UK), Ltd at all times
- To ensure Caltech operates to the ISO 17025 standard
- To have full understanding of the laboratory’s Quality Manual
- Clean and service pipettes to the approved standard
- Maintain records of pipettes serviced
- Ensure correct health and safety practice is adhered to
- Responsible for equipment needed for on-site calibration i.e. pipette spares, paper etc
- Ensure targets are achieved
- Regular meetings for feedback within the group
You must have:
- The ability to work with very small components
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good customer service skills
- The ability to learn and handle technical enquiries, speaking with customers and problem-solving
- Be PC literate in Microsoft products including Word, Excel & Outlook with the willingness and ability to learn bespoke software
- Reliable and flexible
- A good basic level of English and Maths
- The ability to work alone as well as part of a team
- Have a full driving licence
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Competitive Salary
- Performance Based Bonus Scheme
- Health Care
- Pool Car provided for business travel to customer site
The above description is an outline of the duties of the job function and should not be regarded as final. STARLAB (UK), Ltd reserves the right to modify any of the above duties following consultation with the employee. Our intention is to work closely with all employees to ensure that a process of continual development is observed, for this to work effectively we will require input from both employee and manager.
If you are interested in this role, please email your CV to the Servicing Manager: Pete.Knight@starlab.co.uk